Thursday, February 12, 2009

No review today either

As my post below states, the Pretenders concert was postponed (I believe due to an illness). I spent the evening in Bloomington with a few friends playing music, drinking beer, reading a picture book, and watching wizard people. Not necessarily in that order, except that drinking beer happened first.

No review today due to lack of sleep and traveling. I did listen to some NPR podcast concerts from the likes of Stars, The National, and Okkervil River during my travels. I would highly recommend checking out NPR's All Songs Considered - podcasts and website. They have a podcast just for live concerts and one for new music, guest DJ's, band chats, etc.

Another good one is KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic - In Studio performances. The Walkmen were on a little while back and I just got around to hearing it right before skipping town.

I should return with a review tomorrow (Friday) evening. Until then, go find the Morrissey Radio 2 concert somewhere and send the videos to me!

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever listened to NPR's Sounds Eclectic? I used to listen to it on the way to work when I opened the bakery at 6am at Wild Oats. If you are up early, you should tune in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just listen to the podcasts. 6 am?! What, am I Amish?

    ReplyDelete