Sunday, April 19, 2009

Recent Purchases 4-18-09 (Record Store Day)

It was Record Store Day on Saturday for those of you who didn't know. Even though I just spent way too much on Thursday, I had to get more. I also caught Ben Sollee's set at Ear X Tacy which was incredible. I'm definitely going to try and catch him on May 8 in Louisville.

Steve Martin - A Wild And Crazy Guy 12"
MSTRKRFT - Work On You 12"
The Decemberists - Her Majesty 12"
Billy Bragg - Life's A Riot ETC (With The Between The Wars EP) 12"
Belle And Sebastian - The Boy With The Arab Strap 12"
The Monkees - More Of The Monkees 12" (the first record I remember having as a kid)
Elvis - Let's Be Friends 12" (for Morrissey next time)
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds 12"
The Beatles - Rubber Soul 12"
Record Store Day 2009 12"
Various other free RSD promo 12"

Black Kids - Wizard of Ahhhs 10"

The Smiths - Headmaster Ritual 7" (I got the only 2 in Louisville [as far as I know])
Tom Waits - Live 7"
The Pretenders - Break Up The Concrete 7" red
Jenny Lewis - Carpetbaggers 7"
Depeche Mode - Wrong 7"
The Decemberists - Rake's Song 7"
Grizzly Bear - Live On KCRW 7"

And, I know it was RECORD Store Day, but I got 2 CD's (plus a ton of promo CD's from RSD)

Radiohead - OK Computer (3CD Special Edition)
Portishead - Third CD


That's it for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Did you happen to grab MMJ's new EP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lori

    Nope, not yet at least. They only made one pressing, so I better get it soon. ear X-tacy has a ton, and Underground Sounds has a few too. I'll probably pick it up next week.

    ReplyDelete